- TAIGA -The National Siberian Breed Club
- Secretary of The Siberian Cat Club - CFA Affliated Breed Club
- CFA Breed Council Secretary 2003-2010
- Member TICA Breed Committee
Available Kittens and Cats
- We do not have any kittens available at this time. We breed our cats selectively for quality so quanities are limited. Please see our reminder list page to insure you find out about our next litter
- We do occasionally have older kittens or retired breeders available. Please email us for details.
- Our Cats on Display section has some great pictures of our kittens in their new homes
Welcome to the new website for Solacefarm Siberians!
Siberian Cats are, as the name implies, from the cold streets of Russia. They have been in the USA for over 20 years, but there are still relatively few catteries. The Siberians are similar to the Maine Coon and Norwegian Forest Cat, in fact some people call it a Siberian Forest Cat - but officially it is the Siberian Cat.
Siberians have won a bit of notoriety because people believe them to be hypoallergenic. This is true up to a point. But just like every person is different, every cat is different too. We won't sell our cats to an allergy household without a visitation first. It's not fair to the kitten to get uprooted from it's current home and it's not fair to you when you fall in love but can't live with the allergic reactions. There are a lot of old wives tales that think they explain ways to avoid allergies, but you can't be sure until you test with an actual cat - the one you're planning on inviting into your family.
We've packed our web site with lots of information, so please browse around. If you have any questions or wish to be placed on our reminder list, please don't hesitate to ask. We love hearing from our visitors.